This article was written by Jennifer Attia, founder of We Are Peacekeaper. It presents a non-extensive list of the places to learn about blockchain technology and investments, serving as a great starting point to get involved with the blockchain world.
Best places to learn about Blockchain
Blockchain is the most “en vogue” new technology on the market.
For most of us, blockchain is this incomprehensible technology creating a new internet and revolutionizing the way we are doing business.
Between blockchain itself, cryptocurrency, new product developed on different platform, how can one learn about it, understand it and invest in it?
Starting learning about blockchain can be quite confusing, by googling “what is blockchain?” we literally get more than 25 millions articles.
In this article, we will cover the different tools available to learn about blockchain from a beginner perspective to someone having an understanding and that would like to invest.
Related: Best Cryptocurrencies To Invest In
To start, let me say that the more people invest in blockchain technology companies or in crypto currencies, the more the market is going to be self sustainable and create a mass change. So get to it and let’s all learn about it, talk about it and share our experiences and information. It will benefit us all.
The best places to learn about blockchain are numerous. From books to online tutorial, videos. You can find it all and mostly for free.
The Various Blockchain Channels
Whether you’re completely new to blockchain, want to learn more or just want to keep up to date with the market, here are a few sources that can help:
- Minimum viable Block Chain: https://www.igvita.com/2014/05/05/minimum-viable-block-chain/
- “Blockchain Revolution: How the technology behind bitcoin is changing money, business and the world” by Don and Alex Tapscott
- “The science of the Blockchain” by Roger Wattenhofer
- “The Book of Satoshi” collection of Nakamoto’s essential writings. Satoshi Nakamoto is the individual or group of people behind Blockchain and Bitcoin.
- Youtube videos – to only name 2 from the thousands available:
- What is blockchain in 2 min? – Institute for the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43LhSUUGTQ
- What is blockchain? – World economic forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WG7D47tGb0
- The chart guys: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqZ2hx679DqRi6khRUNw2g
- What is blockchain technology? A step by step guide for beginners https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/
- What is Ethereum?: https://simpleweb.co.uk/exploring-ethereum-dapps-apps-and-icos/?utm_medium=Post&utm_source=Facebook%20Group%20(Ethereum)&utm_campaign=Exploring%20Ethereum%3A%20dApps%2C%20apps%20and%20ICOs&utm_term=Knowledge&utm_content=Afternoon%20all%20
- Ted Talks and Tedx:
- Online courses:
- Groups and forums where each user support each other whether beginners or expert:
- L<3ve Coin: Intro to Crypto-Currency: https://www.facebook.com/groups/191271501398799/
- Look up the Top 5 podcasts on Android App or Itunes
Once you feel ready to invest, you can keep up to date using forums, online communities & specialized press.
- Forums and communities also provide extensive resources about Blockchain:
- Reddit communities:
- Quora: https://www.quora.com/Where-do-I-learn-about-Blockchain
- Bitcoin forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
- Facebook groups:
- Ethereum Investing: When joining the group, you can also get a tutorial from Jeff Kirdeikis that will teach you everything you have to know about blockchain and how to invest. https://www.facebook.com/groups/415996562089686/?multi_permalinks=470104270012248¬if_t=group_highlights¬if_id=1503160871955729
- BTC Canada
- Reddit communities:
- Specialized press:
- Ethereum Investing: https://www.ethereuminvesting.info/
- BlockchainHub: https://blockchainhub.net/how-to-buy-bitcoin/
- MLG Blockchain Consulting: MLG Blockchain Consulting
- ICO news:
Then like everything else nowadays, don’t trust everything the media are saying.
Stay tune with the startups you invested in, most of them have blogs and update their investors weekly.
Playing the long term game is recommended. Bitcoin is a perfect example.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these websites and this advice, don’t hesitate to reach out through the comments below.